CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 6, 2008

your opinion please

Many of you who know me also know I am pro-life. I understand the whole argument of when "life" begins and all that stuff. But during an argument today I heard a completly different point... she said this "Sperm cells are alive. So are egg cells. Of course the fetus is alive. It's just not a person. It's also not acceptable for it to use my uterus without my consent."

My response? OH WOW! I have never heard of a fetus asking for permission... May I PLEASE borrow your uterus just for 9 months... PLEASE?

How would you respond to this, even if you are pro-choice - which is ok- do you agree that a fetus must ask for consent?

1 comments:

The Grinch said...

Ummmm... tough one, I usually stay away from these arguments as my past run-in's they've almost led to bloodshed... Anyway, if you weren't planning on getting pregnant in the first place and you were stupid enough to have unprotected sex with whomever that pretty much in my book is a green light for whatever happens next, it's call consequences people look it up. There is no need for a freaking permission slip, it's not like you're in school and asked to go to the bathroom, you knew ahead of time what could happen and yet you chose to take a chance, and if you didn't know what could happen you have no business being anywhere near the opposite sex. So stupidity rears it's head and you get pregnant... not the fault of the sperm or the egg, they were just doing what they were designed to do, and the uterus... it's there for pretty much one thing, the fetus. It's the responsibility of the sperm donor and egg producer to make the choice. That's like saying your colon can't empty because it didn't ask permission ahead of time for that greasy cheeseburger to make it's exit...
Who the hell said the fetus didn't ask for permission, not only should they never be allowed to procreate they shouldn't fucking be driving either!!!

 
#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; }