CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

I Choo Choo Choose you!

First of all I would like you to know... I hate Valentine's Day. I'm married to a wonderful guy who does wonderful things for me on Valentine's Day, yet, I still hate it. I'm not sure why, I'm pretty sure it was all the pressure of valentine's day when I was in elementary school.

You see for many a year before I ever really knew why boys and girls were supposed to like each other I just knew that it was what was supposed to happen because disney movies told me so, I was "Madly in love" with a boy named Matt Pittman... Seriously Pittman? Thank god I didnt marry into that name. See Matt was one of those boys who was cute as hell and nice to your face no matter who you were. Now we must remember This was when I was in my "chunky baby fat" stage of life - my glasses were bigger than my face... my zits were bigger than my face, I had braces and wore my hair in short unkept braids. My favorite outfit at the time was a bright purple jean jacket with pink ribbon roses and rinestones stuck on it - with matching bright purple jean skirt which came from a garage sale down the street and was a bit to small so that I had to unbutton the top button of the skirt when I ate too much at lunch and I am pretty darn sure I accompnied the ensemble with a bright red pair of cowboy boots (hence my extreme unpopularity)

One valentines day I decided to make it known to "the Pitt" that I was madly truly deeply in LOVE with him and decided to give him one of my USED treasure trolls.


Here is a reminder of what these beloved trolls looked like


As if these things arent creepy and gross enough new... no I search under my bed and find one with matted turqouise hair that I had to blow and shake the dust out of and gave it to him on the school bus with a note, which I think was something along the lines of "I want to jump you the only way a catholic school fifth grader knows how which really means I want to hold your hand in front of people" I remember giving him this nasty troll along with a sucker that was shaped like a pair of lips.

Now to be honest everything after that is blurred together I remember him being too nice to say what I know he was thinking, which I'm pretty sure is something along the lines of
"What the F*#& !!!! " And then a long period of obvious ignorment...

Moral of this story is... Never give a treasure troll as a sign of love and affection, especially if it was dug out from the depths of under your bed

2 comments:

The Grinch said...

That's funny... :)

Erin S. said...

I HAVE that same treasure troll. I gave my collection to my niece and nephew.

 
#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; }